From performance artists to commercial rappers, celebrities are flocking to streetwear in droves – and it’s no surprise why. Not only is streetwear dramatically comfortable, but its unique designs and bold statements make it the perfect choice to stand out from the crowd. Read on to find out the top streetwear brands that have become most popular among celebrities.
1. Street-Style Stunting: Celebrating Streetwear’s Popularity With the Celebs
Streetwear looks have seriously been dominating the celeb-led trends lately. Both on and off the red carpet, fab fashionistas are pulling out all the stops to don their best street-inspired looks. From oversized shirts to baggy jeans, statement accessories and bold colours, celebs everywhere are stunting not just for the paparazzi – but for Instagram.
The best street-style looks have one thing in common – they are suavely put together and unique. One trick the celebs often use is the art of layering. From long coats on top of hoodies to multi-hued shirts and oversized jackets, layering has come a long way in creating bold street-style ensembles. Here are a few key styling tips to try:
- Shirt Styles: Stick to basics with boxy shirts, or jazz up your look with graphic tees and baggy checker shirts.
- Trouser Styles: Jeans are a must-have for any street-style look, but add a touch of sophistication with wide-leg trousers in dark tones.
- Coat Styles: Leather, denim and bomber jackets are traditional off-duty faves, but you can’t go wrong with an oversized coat to up your street-style game.
2. High-Profile Attire: Exploring Why A-listers Are Embracing Streetwear
In recent years, the intersection between fashion and popular culture has soared with the introduction of widespread celebrity-endorsed streetwear. Following the trend, many of the world’s most well-known A-list celebrities are swapping conventional formalwear for the latest streetwear style that is taking the world by storm.
From Post Malone rocking a vintage Hawaiian shirt to Rihanna’s heavy baggy corduroys and oversized sweatshirts, celebrities are setting the tone for this unprecedented movement of high-profile fashion. While brands like Balenciaga, Givenchy and Versace are still in the mix, established streetwear labels like Supreme, Palace and Off-White continue to be the biggest trendsetters amongst A-listers.
- Layering is celebrated in the world of streetwear, allowing celebrities to express their individual style with minimalist components.
- Retro Logos are also making a comeback, ranging from celebrity-branded pieces like Travis Scott to classic throwback designs from the 90s.
- Personalized Messages are also sprinkled throughout more exclusive streetwear lines, allowing for a unique and expressive style.
3. From Top to Bottom: Uncovering the Most Popular Streetwear Brands With Celebs
Streetwear has come a long way since its inception in the 1980s. Over the past few decades, it has evolved from an underground subculture to a mainstream movement, even becoming embraced by celebrities. So, what are the most fashionable celebrities sporting these days?
From Kanye West to Rihanna, these A-list stars set the trends and make a statement when they wear their favorite streetwear brands. Here’s a look at some of the most popular streetwear labels, from top to bottom:
- Supreme: The original streetwear heavyweight, Supreme has become a fashion cult favorite since its New York City debut in the 1990s. Everyone from Drake to Katy Perry have been spotted wearing the brand.
- Off-White: Loved for its recognizable arrows, stripes, and diagonal lines, Off-White has become a streetwear staple. Ariana Grande has regularly been photographed wearing pieces from the line.
- BAPE: The ultimate streetwear trend setter, BAPE is a Japanese label well known for its signature camouflage print. Stars including Justin Bieber and Travis Scott have been known to sport the signature pieces.
- Yeezy: An undisputed leader in the streetwear world, Yeezy was created by Kanye West in 2015. Celebrities like The Weeknd, Kim Kardashian, and Kylie Jenner have been seen wearing the trending pieces.
For celebrities, rocking the latest streetwear trends offers them a way to express their style and show solidarity with their fans. It’s clear that celebrity endorsements have certainly been a boost for the streetwear movement.
4. Runway to Reality: Examining How Streetwear Is Transforming Fashion Trends
The dynamic streetwear industry has turned the traditional fashion industry on its head. For years, top luxury fashion brands reigned supreme, setting trends that glitzy red carpets and magazine spreads followed. Now, these same trends are being co-opted and reimagined by streetwear labels, creating a fast-paced environment where anything can be re-invented and reinvigorated. Streetwear is taking over, and these are a few ways it’s transforming fashion trends:
- Fast Fashion: Streetwear is revolutionizing the traditional fashion cycle from the ground up. Instead of manufacturing trends that have the potential to last for years, designers are churning out collections in shorter intervals, with limited-edition drops and hyper-targeted production. This allows streetwear to toss trends quickly, expanding their demographic and pushing boundaries faster than major luxury companies.
- Gender Neutrality: Streetwear is leading the way towards reinventing gender roles in the fashion industry. Where traditional company’s lines were based around offering cuts and styles for a specific gender, streetwear designers are blurring the lines between men’s and women’s fashion, creating clothing that works for everyone.
In short, the influence of streetwear has changed the way we think about fashion trends. With a culture that moves quickly, designers have to stay ahead of the curve or risk getting left in the dust. Trends are moving faster than ever before, and this shift could be just what the fashion industry needs to stay relevant and engaged with the public.
It’s clear to see that the world’s most beloved celebrities love to rock their favorite streetwear brands. From global icons such as Kanye West to gold medalists such as Usain Bolt, the appeal of streetwear fashion is unrivaled. Whether you share the same taste as the “A-list” or you simply enjoy the look, there’s a streetwear brand out there that can cater to all. So why not set yourself apart by taking streetwear fashion to the next level?